The Leadership Volunteer Opportunity
We are looking for positive and motivated candidates to join our Program Ambassadors Team. As a LunarFest Program Ambassador, you will be invited to our Behind the Scene Program Workshops and lead the volunteers during the event days. This is a hybrid role supporting both our event programs’ curating team and volunteer coordinating team.
This is a great opportunity for interested students to bolster their volunteer management experience, learn about unique & innovative art and cultural programming, and develop skills that would be an asset as they work toward graduate school or expand to the next advanced professional stage.
This can also be a great opportunity for experienced and passionate professionals in the arts and cultural fields who would like to share their insights and wisdom with our young generations to explore the identity and diversity issues in our multicultural society.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Familiarize themselves with the event, the programs, vision and mission of ACSEA
- Attend Behind the Scene Program Workshops to participate in festival programs’ curating and planning strategies for training volunteers
- Assist the Volunteer Coordinating Team to develop the volunteer training programs for your assigned program
- Proactively engage with the event organizers, and the general public at on-site events as the LunarFest Program Ambassador
- Manage and supervise on-site volunteers, delegate specific tasks to volunteers, and ensure adequate instructions are provided to volunteers
- Foster a strong team relationship which emphasizes teamwork and communication
- Oversee events on the days of the Festival
- Willing to learn and share
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, verbally and written
- Experience in providing constructive, goal-oriented feedback to volunteers
- Previous experience in workshop or event planning an asset
- Team player mentality, with a positive and infectious attitude
- Proven history as a self-starter with an ability to work independently
- Proactive work ethic and ability to think outside the box
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to recognize problems quickly and apply sound solutions